Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tonopah

Hello!

This will be shortened version of what I just typed up. I had a blog ready, but then I accidentally deleted it, but here is what I said as closely as I can remember it.

 Well after yesterday's big day, we woke up around 5 and we on the roads by 6. We road for about 7.5 hours with about 1.5 hours of total stoping in there.we got to a town called tonopah by about 1:30. We stopped for lunch at subway and ate a LOT of food, then went to a "park" and slept/rested. I say "park" because it was really just 3 tables, one of them in the shade, on gravel. But it was good enough for us. So over the next 4 hours, I fixed my spoke that I had broken about 2 miles before we stopped, trued up my wheel, rotated my tires, and replaced a tube. I don't even know why it took so long to fixe everything, but as I fixed things, something would happen to cause the repair to take longer. But while I fixes my bike, Paul and Dave went out to get groceries and came back with a hotel room. I'll take that! Because we went through some of our hardest biking today. The heat, headwind, hills, sun, and length of time in those conditions really wiped us out! It got up to about 90 today, was sunny all day, wind was against us most of the time, and we climbed about 2000 ft today. So all in all, hard, but satisfying.

I do want to say thank you again to everyone that is praying for us, we really appreciate, and need those prayers, and man o man are they being answered. We are seeing such amazing beauty, meeting such incredible people, we are all in good health, we are having a great time together, and God's beauty is awe inspiring. Even here in the desert of Nevada, it's so different from Greenville, it's very cool and we never tire of thanking God for the blessings he has poured out on us. From conversations to nature to donations, people's generosity blows us away! For instance we met a couple who stopped us while we were biking to fill up our water! Which was awesome because we biked all 70 miles today with no towns in between and no chance to fill up water.

All in all, we are so blessed to be on the trip

And I am going to go to bed so that I can, assuming I'm given tomorrow, wake up and enjoy all the beauty, people, and whatever else God gives us. From the teaching and stretching moments to the beauty, God has been good to us

Alright goodnight everyone, enjoy your rest, I know I will!

-Tommy G

2 comments:

  1. I just got off the phone with my boyfriend Shawn Ward and he told me about meeting you guys. He lives in Tonopah. It is crazy how small the world is and how certain people are put on your path for you to bump into. You are truly an inspiration and it is awesome what you are doing. You are in our prayers and good luck on your journey. God bless! We will continue to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn wanted me to add how cool it is that you guys started your journey in medford, Oregon and grants pass because that is where he began his life journey. He says it is weird how people meet the way they do and they always have more in common than you would ever know.

    ReplyDelete